Friday 9 August 2019

Chapter 7 - The sincere seeker

Summary

The existence is made up of two aspects - the Purusha (consciousness) characterised by three qualities - it exists, it knows & expresses, and it is loving and the Prakriti (matter) - world derived from the five elements characterised by name and form. The Prakriti is only a reflection of Purusha, is governed by the three Gunas and is transient, while the Purusha which is beyond the limitations of the elements and the Gunas is eternal. When the intelligence is stuck with the Prakriti (name and form) assuming it as reality - it is called Maya. When the intellect realises the Purusha beyond the name and form as pure is-ness, it is wisdom. Only the sincere seeker (Mumukshu) through the sharpness of awareness (Sadhana) and the fire of knowledge (Guru) can attain to wisdom. Such sincere seekers are rare.

Yatharth
Amongst thousands of beings only few are interested in knowing me and among these only a handful ever reach me.The entire creation is made of the five elements, mind, intellect and ego. These eight aspects are called Prakriti and as such have no life of their own (Jada or Inert). I the Purusha bring aliveness and dynamism (chaitanya) in Prakriti. Everything in this creation is a combination of Purusha and prakriti and nothing else. I reside in everything and hold the creation as the thread holds the pearls in the necklace. I am the taste in water, coolness in the moon, heat in the sun, sound in the space, smell in the earth, Om in the vedas, intellect of the intelligent, radiance of the radiant, strength of the strong and the action of the Karma yogi. I am thus the seed of all creation.
 
The different feelings that arise in beings are a result of the Gunas. Though these Gunas are part of the illusion created by me, I am not part of them. Under the influence of the Gunas, most fail to see Me who is beyond the Gunas. Only the wise and the disciplined who put self effort in crossing this veil of illusory world can realise Me. The rest, the ignorant, stuck with Maya, will never even make the effort to reach me.

There are four types of seekers - one who wants freedom from suffering, one who is desires merit or prosperity, one who is curious about life and the wise whose only interest is me. Among these, the wise is my dearest as his interest in me and devotion towards me is unconditional and sincere. After many life times seeking, one attains the wisdom of the infinite. Such sincere seekers are indeed rare. All other types of seekers are abundant.

Different types of prosperity are under the control of different Devatas, People who seek such prosperity can indeed obtain them by worshipping the Devatas.  However, they are unaware that all the worldly prosperity is transient and I am the only eternal. The wise pass on all the prosperity and come to Me, singing and dancing. The ignorant unaware of My true nature think I am a mortal being like themselves. My true nature is hidden from the ordinary eyes through Yoga Maya. All that has happened, all that is happening and all that will happen is within my awareness, but the ordinary do not know this. one who is bound by the duality of the world is ignorant. but one who through sadhana and the fire of knowledge has burnt the seeds of Karma moves beyond the duality and stays steadfast. One who strives to get over the cycle of birth and death, rest their awareness in Me and even in their last moments are clear about the Truth of existence that - I am the Source (AdiDaiva), the creation is my reflection (Adibhuta) and the effort to reach Me is the right action (AdiYagna or Sadhana)

No comments: